What to expect from DonorTec:
- Windows 7 upgrade products will be available for donation to qualified nonprofits through DonorTec on 22 October – specifically Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise upgrades (32 and 64 bit).
- In the meantime, as you evaluate whether Windows 7 is right for your organization, here are a few things you should know about your current system and computers:
- What operating system are your computers currently running, and which version (for example, XP Home versus XP Professional, Vista Professional, and so on)?
- What third-party software do you have that is and what is their current level of compatibility with XP or Vista?
- Do you have a system in place for backing up your computers? When was the last time you backed up your computers and tested the restore functionality and data integrity?
- Is your network stable and do you have the bandwidth to download other software or software patches that you might need as part of upgrading to Windows 7?
- If you have received a donation of a Windows operating system through DonorTec that included Software Assurance (and it is still current) you can upgrade to Windows 7 for no additional cost.
If you're interested in checking out reviews of Windows 7, the commercial featured a couple of interesting ones from Gizmodo and CNET, though there are many others online and they're overwhelmingly positive. If you want to check out the cute ad, you can see it here.
We're interested, also, to hear your feedback and get your input on what types of information will be helpful to you in deciding whether and when to upgrade your systems. Share your thoughts in this ongoing discussion by rcommenting to this blog post or emailing us at email@example.com