To participate in Connecting Up's Donation and Discount program, Australian charities and nonprofit organisations must be non-government entities and meet the eligibility criteria outlined below. Our partners have differing eligibility requirements.
1 Does your organisation have an Australian Business Number ABN?
2 Does your organisation, charity or ITE fund have income tax exempt (ITE) status formally recognised on the Australian Business Register?
3 Is your organisation nonprofit in character?
- No – unfortunately your organisation does not currently meet the core requirements for eligibility for the Connecting Up Donation and Discount program.
- Yes – You may self assess your income tax exemption. In which case you should register online here. All you need to do then is submit to us:
- a copy of your organisation’s constitution noting its nonprofit or dissolution clause.
- a signed copy of Income tax status review worksheet for self‑assessing non‑profit organisations provided by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
If your organisation is self assessed as ITE and operates under the Model Rules for an Incorporated Association we require you to submit to us:
- your organisation’s Certificate of Incorporation , AND
- a letter on organisational letterhead signed by the CEO of your organisation advising that it operates under the Model Rules for an incorporated association, OR
- official documentation from the relevant statutory body confirming your organisation operates under the Model Rules for an incorporated association, AND
- a copy of worksheet 1 from pages 85-87 of the Income tax guide for nonprofit organisations provided by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
All documentation may be scanned then emailed to customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be unable to qualify organisations that:
- do not contain a nonprofit or dissolution clause within their constitution, OR
- distributes any surplus assets to its members upon dissolution.
To receive products as donations, organisations must also meet the requirements of the donor partners that offer the products through Connecting Up. To determine if your organisation is eligible to receive products from a given partner, please click here for individual partner eligibility.