Connecting Up will be closed from Friday 26th of May 2017 5:30 pm AEST until late Saturday 27th of May 2017 for maintenance. Registration, validation services and donation and discount requests will be unavailable during this time. If you have any concerns, please contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 731 844
Facebook's Timeline for Pages brings a huge overhaul to the way nonprofits will use Facebook to engage their audiences. Here's a round up of resources to help you get started.
If you’ve been using Facebook for personal use, you’re probably already familiar with how Timeline works. The new Pages Timeline also adds some extra goodies for page admins to help manage their page such as:
- A welcome update to the admin panel
- The ability to "pin" stories for a week at the top of the page
- The ability to request a Page name change
- Plus a lot of other updates
One of the best places to start is with Facebook’s own resources. This time around they’ve put together some great material to help you get your head around what’s new.
This intro to Facebook pages is fairly light, but there’s a nice video which shows their potential
Learn About Facebook Pages
Facebook have released a series of videos wrapped up in a free online course to help you get started
Facebook Pages Product Guide
A really good overview which clearly points out the key features to the new Pages platform
Blogs from around the Internet
Here are some perspectives on how the changes may affect your organisation’s presence on Facebook
- Dialogue Consulting - Facebook Timeline View Released for Pages
- All Facebook - 7 Crucial Things About Timeline For Facebook Pages
- Woobox- Don’t Enable Timeline on Your Facebook Page! Here’s Why.
- Marketing Land - New Facebook Pages Released With Timeline, Pinning & Private Messaging
- Hongkiat – Facebook Timeline Cover: 40 (Really) Creative Examples