Connecting Up will be closed from Friday 26th of May 2017 5:30 pm AEST until late Saturday 27th of May 2017 for maintenance. Registration, validation services and donation and discount requests will be unavailable during this time. If you have any concerns, please contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 731 844
We’ve rounded up five Top 5’s of 2012 for Connecting Up including blog posts, Learning Centre articles, free webinars, community champions and Facebook posts. Did you miss any of these?
This year has been a big one for us and if you want to see what we’ve been up to, our look back at the 2011-2012 financial year shows some of this year’s highlights including Sue Vardon beginning as the new Chair of the Connecting Up Board, Connecting Up 2012 and the merge of our websites.
One of the biggest changes in 2012 has been farewelling Doug Jacquier after 12 years as CEO and welcoming Anne Gawen into the role.
Another major change has been the recent farewell of the 'DonorTec' name and changing it to the "Connecting Up donations and discounts programs." While the name is the different, the service and products remain the same and we'll continue to find more ways to help NFPs reduce their costs so they can spend more time doing what matters.
Five Top 5s
To sum up the year, we’ve put together five ‘Top 5’ lists as judged by you! These are the top articles that you’ve been reading, webinars you’ve been participating in and social media posts you’ve been engaging with.
Top 5 blog posts
Through our blog, we’ve been sharing updates about what’s happening in our office, resources from around the web and how other NFPs are using technology. Here are the top 5 posts from 2012:
- Adobe donations available for not-for-profits
- Not-for-profit social media forum coming to Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney
- NEW RESEARCH: Not-For-Profits and the Cloud
- Social media in Australia [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 15 Digital storytelling resources for your not-for-profit
Top 5 Learning Centre articles
Our Learning Centre’s been growing steadily over the year with how-to articles on a range of topics from social media to technology planning. Here are the top 5 articles for this year:
- Microsoft Windows 8 Resource Centre
- YouTube 101 for Nonprofits: Getting Started
- Five steps to creating a content calendar (with template)
- Complete social media sizing cheat sheet
- Top 5 benefits of technology planning for nonprofits
Top 5 Free Webinars
This year, has seen us run more and more events both in-person (workshops and forums) and online (webinars, both free and paid). Our webinars have offered easy ways to learn about different thing without leaving the office. All of our webinars are recorded and you can find the free ones in our Learning Centre. Here are the most popular free webinars of 2012
- Digital storytelling with SlideRocket
- Discovering Wordpress for beginners
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for not-for-profits
- Discovering Microsoft SharePoint
- Introduction to CiviCRM
Top 5 Community Champions
We’d also love to say a big shout out to this year’s community champions on Facebook. Over the year, we’ve been highlighting the people who have been getting involved online and offline on our events, blog, social media channels and spreading the word about our programs.
- Jane Durbridge (Women’s & Children’s Hospital Foundation)
- Jon King (CBF)
- Priscilla Jones (Suncare Community Services Inc.)
- Eliza Cussen (Media Access Australia)
- Caitlin Syrett (Nutrition Australia)
Top 5 Facebook posts
It’s always good to see more not-for-profits active on social media, and Facebook is by far the winner when it comes to NFPs. We’ve been posting a mix of content, but it’s clear that a good quote to help get the week going is always popular. Here are five of the posts you’ve been enjoying:
- “Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”
- “Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world”
- Baby Sleep Positions 1-10 (a post for Father’s Day)
- ”Dude, it’s Friday.. Cheer up!”
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give”
We hope you’ve found something handy in these five Top 5’s that you may have missed through the year.
2012 has been a lot of fun for us at Connecting Up and we’re looking forward to doing more for the not-for-profit sector next year. We wish you all a happy holiday period and here’s a little something we put together for you: