Office for Mac is a suite of Microsoft Office products for Mac computers. Office for Mac is fully compatible with Office for Windows and backward compatible with previous versions of Office for both platforms.
This donation provides one licence for installing the software on a single device. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of Office for Mac Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product.
Benefits for Organisations
You can use Office for Mac to:
- Increase productivity by allowing Mac users to create, share, and edit documents with colleagues using Office for Windows or Mac without conversion or translation
- Enable collaboration by using Outlook for emailing and scheduling in a mixed Windows and Mac organization
Applications in This Suite
The suite includes the following applications:
- Excel is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Outlook is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Word is a full-featured word processor.
- OneNote is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
Major Capabilities of Office for Mac
- Compatibility with Office for Windows: Each of the included applications has essentially the same capabilities as its Windows equivalent.
- Ribbon: The Office for Mac ribbon enhances usability by bringing together the most popular formatting and creation tools in a single, unified design.
- Web and mobile access: With Office Online and free apps for mobile devices, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. They can use any web browser or mobile device running iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Cloud storage: Office applications integrate with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint, so you can access your files across devices.
See a complete list of Office for Mac features.
Obtaining Microsoft Office for Mac
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a licence key. You can download any available version or language for your product. Please view this guide for details on how to download products from the Volume Licensing Service Centre.
The licence key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have requested licenses for. This quantity is specified on the invoice you receive from Connecting Up after requesting this product. To learn more about obtaining your keys, please visit this guide.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Connecting Up will send a message to your organisation email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your licence agreement. Make sure the organisation email that is registered with Connecting Up is up-to-date.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your licence agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Connecting Up to obtain your donation through the VLSC.