Office Standard is an integrated
collection of programs and services designed to work together to enable optimised
donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of Microsoft Office Standard Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version
of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume
Licensing Service Centre if you request this product. You can find out which
version of the software is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document.
Benefits for Organisations
use the applications in the Microsoft Office suite to:
share, and edit documents with colleagues in other locations
and highlight data trends
documents and live presentations for an audience via their web browsers
Consolidate communications services to reduce costs
Applications in This Suite
Standard suite includes the following applications:
Excel is a spreadsheet
application with data analysis and visualization tools.
OneNote is a note-taking
application that allows various types of content to be shared among team
Outlook is a time and information manager that
integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
PowerPoint is a presentation
graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
Publisher is a desktop
publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide
variety of publications.
Word is a full-featured
- Ribbon: The Office ribbon enhances usability by bringing together the most popular formatting and creation tools in a single, unified design.
- Web and mobile access: With Office Online and free apps for mobile devices, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. They can use any web browser or mobile device running Windows, iOS, or Android.
- Cloud storage: Office applications integrate with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint, so you can access your files across devices.
- Multiple file format support: Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring you to download and install add-ons.
Important Volume Licensing
Organisations will be provided with both a Key Management Service (KMS) Licence key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Unless your organisation has a KMS system in place, please use the MAK key to activate your software.
Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office software.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product
requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Centre and enter a license key. You can
download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as
many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in
the email you receive from Connecting Up after requesting this product.
- When your donation request has been approved, Connecting Up will send a message to your
organisation email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you
have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing
Service Centre (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure
the organisation email that is registered with Connecting Up is up-to-date.
Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organisation
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the VLSC. This email will
indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive
this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received
from Connecting Up to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products
covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.