The Microsoft SharePoint Server device CAL suite is a set of device client access licenses (CALs) for Microsoft SharePoint Server.
This donation provides one of each of the following:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Standard device CAL: authorises one computer or other device to access the services of Microsoft SharePoint Server, regardless of the number of users (for example, on a shared workstation).
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Enterprise device CAL: authorises one computer or other device to access additional features in Microsoft SharePoint Server. The Enterprise device CAL can be used only in conjunction with a Standard device CAL.
A user CAL suite is also available.
The Microsoft SharePoint Server Enterprise device CAL provides access to additional features in Microsoft SharePoint Server, including:
- Business Connectivity Services: Microsoft SharePoint can manipulate external data, both online and offline, from other instances of Microsoft SharePoint and from Office applications.
- Microsoft Access Services: You can make changes to and publish Microsoft Access databases directly from Microsoft SharePoint.
- Enterprise Search: The enhanced version of Microsoft SharePoint's search feature allows you to search, filter, and sort up to 100 million documents.
- Microsoft InfoPath Forms Services: You can create form-based applications in Microsoft InfoPath and deploy them to Microsoft SharePoint.
- Microsoft Excel Services: Microsoft Excel workbooks with PowerPivot can be published as interactive reports and dashboards within Microsoft SharePoint.
A full list of additional features is available on Microsoft's Volume Licensing website, via the Exceptions and Additional Terms Specific to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 link.
This licence does not require media, licence keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup New Zealand are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.