The Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) user CAL provides a user with access to the customer service application in Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server from any device. Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server is the on-premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and runs on Windows Server. The on-premises version of the Dynamics 365 for Customer Service application provides a limited subset of the customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities that are available in the cloud-based version.
This donation provides one Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) user CAL. The rights to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software and the Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) application are included with the CAL. For additional information about Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to Dynamics 365 Products and Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organisations
You can use Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) to
- Simplify relationship management by bringing together all constituent information into a central location
- Automate and streamline processes by identifying best practices and creating consistent procedures
- Create reports:Reports are available with on-demand, scheduled, or event-based delivery and can be generated by users without IT assistance.
- Import data:Users can upload data in bulk to integrate contacts, emails, tasks, appointments, or notes with the appropriate customer records.
- Track correspondence:Replies to tracked emails are automatically tracked as well, allowing users to quickly see all pertinent correspondence with or about a customer.
- Deploy a knowledge base:You can set up a searchable knowledge base for your employees to provide them with consistent answers across channels.
CALs do not require media, licence keys, or setup codes.
CALs offered through TechSoup New Zealand are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licences can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Obtaining the Server Software
The right to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software is included with the CAL. No additional licences are needed for server software.
Installing the server software requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a licence key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
Expect two emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup New Zealand will send a message to your organisation email address. This email will confirm the number of licences you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your licence agreement. Make sure the organisation email that is registered with TechSoup New Zealand is up-to-date.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your licence agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup New Zealand to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.