To succeed with social media in 2017, it’s all about visual content. So how do you keep up if you’re not a Photoshop wizard, or an experienced video editor? This interactive masterclass will bring you up to speed with the easy way to create photos and videos with the tools you have available. Attendees will use their own smartphones to workshop content ideas,and experiment with putting it all together.
The masterclass will include group exercises where attendees will work together to sharpen their photography and videography skills from mobile phones. Attendees will learn to use leading free apps on Android and iOS to produce content for social media, and post it directly from their smart phone.
This masterclass has a heavy emphasis on using smart phones and tablets to produce social media content with free apps. It is recommended, but not required, for attendees to bring:
- Their own iOS or Android smart phone or tablet to play along
- A phone/tablet charger for a lunchtime power boost
- Headphones/headset, plus adaptor if using iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Campaign and content ideas for your social media content
Each attendee will be supplied a basic kit for smart phone content creation, which includes:
- Universal mobile phone tripod mount
- Table top tripod
- Lavalier microphone
Setup and technology test: 9:30am
Session 1: 10:30am - 12pm
- Introduction (15min)
- Overview of social media landscape in 2017 (15min)
- Mobile phone shot competition (15min)
- Exercise: Mobile phone photography (15min)
- Mobile phone photo editing (15min)
- Exercise: Mobile phone photo editing (15min)
Session 2: 12:45pm - 2:30pm
- Creating social media graphics from a phone (15min)
- Exercise: Creating social media graphics (15min)
- Basic interview techniques (15min)
- Shooting and editing mobile phone videos (15min)
- Exercise: Mobile phone video production (45min)
Session 3: 3pm - 4pm
- Publishing to Facebook via Facebook Pages app (15min)
- Publishing to Instagram via Instagram app (15min)
- Live video considerations (10min)
- Introduction to advanced social media content creation (10min)
- Conclusion (10min).
PRICE: $150 ($120 for Premium Members)
Presented by: Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones is the Principal Consultant of Refuel Digital & Marketing, a full service marketing and technology consultancy in Adelaide, Australia. He has 20 years’ experience in web development and digital marketing, with the past 8 including online advertising.
Refuel Digital & Marketing is a badged Google Partner with a Search Ads specialisation, demonstrating advanced knowledge in Google AdWords advertising products. Ryan also has certifications in AdWords Search Marketing and Analytics.
After building his first commercial website at age 12, Ryan mixed his love of technology and design before beginning a Bachelor of Management (Marketing) degree at the University of South Australia. Ryan spent the next 10 years working extensively in digital media, online video streaming and startup businesses, while he has spent the last 6 years mixing his marketing skills with his passion for technology, educating the not-for-profit sector on technology use, marketing and digital media.
Ryan recently left his role at Connecting Up to start Refuel Digital & Marketing, with a focus on helping small to medium businesses and not-for-profits get the most out of their technology and marketing.