Google AdWords is a great way to advertise your organisation to people searching for content related to that topic in the Google search engine. Not-for-profit organisations can now access a Google Grant, giving them up to $10,000 of advertising credit to advertise their organisation on Google. To make the most of Google Grants, Google AdWords and Google Analytics, Connecting Up are offering a 6-week online course that will help your organisation get setup with Google Grants, and manage your account ongoing.
We will show you the basics of Google AdWords, show you how to setup your account, how to track and improve your AdWords account, introduce the basics of Search Engine Optimisation, and drive more visitors to your website.
This is the second time we have run this course, with the initial course in 2015 being a sold out success. Don't miss out this time - places are limited!
We're excited to present this course to you and to help you make the most of your website, convert more visitors and secure more donations.
Registering for Google for Nonprofits and Google Analytics is not covered by this course, only AdWords Express is covered. If you need assistance with these please book a mentoring session before the course.
It is expected that all attendees will have already completed:
- Google Analytics account setup and tracking data on your website
- Google for Nonprofits account setup and validated - if you have not already done so, we recommend you attend the Google for Nonprofits webinar to receive an overview of the program and the registration process.
Session 1: Basics - Wednesday 22 March 2017 from 11am AEDT
- What is Google AdWords?
- Google Ad Grants basic requirements
- Differences between an Ad Grants account and a paid AdWords account
Setting up your account
- Setting up a Google AdWords Ad Grants account
- Understanding the Google AdWords interface
- Basic concepts of Google AdWords – CPC, CTR, Position, etc
- Connecting Google Analytics to Google AdWords
- Google AdWords account structures
- Creating your first campaign, ad group and ad
Session 2: Keywords and extensions - Wednesday 29 March 2017 from 11am AEDT
- Targeting keywords
- Researching keywords
- Quality scores and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Ad extensions
Session 3: Content and optimisation - Wednesday 5 April 2017 from 11am AEST
- Landing Pages
- Desktop vs mobile
- Content management system modules
- Sitemaps and Google Search Console
Session 4: Creating great ads - Wednesday 12 April 2017 from 11am AEST
- What makes up an AdWords ad
- Ad copy
- What is and isn't allowed
- Advanced ad copy
- Display and destination URLs
- Optimising ad extensions
- Google My Business
Session 5: Measuring success - Wednesday 19 April 2017 from 11am AEST
Google AdWords measurements
- Understanding which ads, campaigns and keywords are performing
- Filtering campaign data
- Optimising campaigns
Google Analytics measurements
- Conversion tracking
- Keywords tracking
- Campaign tracking
Session 6: Results and learnings so far - Wednesday 26 April 2017 from 11am AEST
- Group discussion
- Review of questions from forum
- Open Q&A
PRICE: $225 ($180 for Premium Members)
Can't attend the live course? Register anyway and we will send you the recording of each session!
Experiencing any issues? You may find help here. If your issue is not listed, you can contact our Events Team at email@example.com or by calling 1300 731 844.
Presented by: Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones is the Principal Consultant of Refuel Digital & Marketing, a full service marketing and technology consultancy in Adelaide, Australia. He has 20 years’ experience in web development and digital marketing, with the past 8 including online advertising.
Refuel Digital & Marketing is a badged Google Partner with a Search Ads specialisation, demonstrating advanced knowledge in Google AdWords advertising products. Ryan also has certifications in AdWords Search Marketing and Analytics.
After building his first commercial website at age 12, Ryan mixed his love of technology and design before beginning a Bachelor of Management (Marketing) degree at the University of South Australia. Ryan spent the next 10 years working extensively in digital media, online video streaming and startup businesses, while he has spent the last 6 years mixing his marketing skills with his passion for technology, educating the not-for-profit sector on technology use, marketing and digital media.
Ryan recently left his role at Connecting Up to start Refuel Digital & Marketing, with a focus on helping small to medium businesses and not-for-profits get the most out of their technology and marketing.