Google is now offering Google AdWords Express as part of their Google for Nonprofits program, making it a perfect starting point for small organisations looking to take advantage of the Google Ad Grant.
Google AdWords Express is a fully automated advertising solution from Google designed specifically for organisations new to online advertising or local small not-for-profits. Google AdWords Express automatically creates several types of ads and optimises for you.
The Google AdWords Express Beginners Bootcamp will be run over three consecutive weeks with three webinars of 1.5 hours each.
Registering for Google for Nonprofits and Google Analytics is not covered by this course, only AdWords Express is covered. If you need assistance with these please book a mentoring session before the course for assistance.
This course is designed for beginners to SEO, Analytics and AdWords.
It is expected that all attendees will have already completed:
- Google Analytics account setup and tracking data on your website
- Google for Nonprofits account setup and validated - if you have not already done so, we recommend you attend the Google for Nonprofits webinar to receive an overview of the program and the registration process.
Session 1: Basics - Wednesday 22 February 2017 from 11am AEDT
- What is Google AdWords Express?
- Google Ad Grants basic requirements
- Differences between an Ad Grants account and a paid AdWords account
Setting up your account
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Setting up a Google AdWords Express Ad Grants account
- Understanding targeting in Google AdWords Express
- Understanding the Google AdWords Express interface
- Basic concepts of Google AdWords – CPC, CTR, Position, etc
- Connecting Google Analytics to Google AdWords
- Google AdWords account structures
- Creating your first campaign, ad group and ad
Session 2: Ad basics - Wednesday 1 March 2017 from 11am AEDT
Basics of AdWords Express ads
- What makes up an AdWords ad
- Ad copy
- What is and isn’t allowed
- Advanced ad copy
- Display and destination URLs
- Optimising ad extensions
Session 3: Measurement - Wednesday 8 March 2017 from 11am AEDT
Basics of AdWords Express Measurement
- How to measure success of ads
- Google Analytics basics
Wrap up and Q&A
- Group discussion
- Review of questions from forum
- Open Q&A
PRICE: $100 ($80 for Premium Members)
Can't attend the live course? Register anyway and we will send you the recording of each session!
Experiencing any issues? You may find help here. If your issue is not listed, you can contact our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 731 844.
Presented by: Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones is the Principal Consultant of Refuel Digital & Marketing, a full service marketing and technology consultancy in Adelaide, Australia. He has 20 years’ experience in web development and digital marketing, with the past 8 including online advertising.
Refuel Digital & Marketing is a badged Google Partner with a Search Ads specialisation, demonstrating advanced knowledge in Google AdWords advertising products. Ryan also has certifications in AdWords Search Marketing and Analytics.
After building his first commercial website at age 12, Ryan mixed his love of technology and design before beginning a Bachelor of Management (Marketing) degree at the University of South Australia. Ryan spent the next 10 years working extensively in digital media, online video streaming and startup businesses, while he has spent the last 6 years mixing his marketing skills with his passion for technology, educating the not-for-profit sector on technology use, marketing and digital media.
Ryan recently left his role at Connecting Up to start Refuel Digital & Marketing, with a focus on helping small to medium businesses and not-for-profits get the most out of their technology and marketing.