All Connecting Up Premium Members have access to a free mentoring session per year, valued at $150!
Not sure if you're a Premium Member? Find out more »
It is a one-on-one session that will take place online or over the phone for a one-hour duration.
- Marketing planning
- Email marketing
- Online video
- Collateral development
- Direct mail marketing
- Basic online advertising (including Google AdWords and banner advertising)
- Tracking online advertising (using Google Analytics)
- Branding and design basics
Social media and content management
- Social media strategies and best practices
- Setting up your social media account (eg, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Facebook and Twitter general tips
- HootSuite social media management tools
- Online best practices
- Basic search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Using different tools for content creation (CMS, HTML, CSS, Windows Movie Maker, Animoto)
- Free and low-cost technology tools
- How to create technology plans
- Basic technology questions
- Tips and tricks when engaging with vendors
- What to consider before developing websites
- Mobile website vs mobile app
- What is Cloud and is it right for my organisation
Mentoring guideline for members
- To apply for a mentoring session, you must be logged in with your member account and submit an online application form.
- Your requested session date must be at least one week after the application is submitted.
- Mentoring will take place over an online meeting platform (or by phone in case of technical difficulties) and the time allocation is strictly one hour per member for each membership year.
- Mentoring will only be provided for the topics listed above.
- Your application must clearly outline the issue your organisation is facing and the expected outcome of the session.
- Where required, your mentor will send a follow-up email with relevant information following the session, but no further free consultation (either by phone or email) will be provided until membership is renewed.
- If you’d like to have another session within your membership year, additional consultation is available for $150 per hour.
- You may reschedule your session up to two times and you must make the change at least one week before the initial scheduled consultation. Any further rescheduling will result in the session being forfeited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule your session.